We analyzed the cause of the problem that the USB transfer speed of iAUDIO 7 was different from the specifications. We found out that some of iAUDIO 7 16 GB products were set the memory cluster as 8 KB. It should be 16KB.
If iAUDIO 7 16 GB product is set 16 KB memory cluster, the transfer speed (Write: max 40Mbps, Read: max 40Mbps) will work well. (Please remind that the transfer speed will be dropped if you set other unit.)
Please check the below how to set the memory cluster unit as 16 KB of iAUDIO 7 16GB.
We regret the inconvenience caused and kindly request your understanding. We strive more to provide the best customer service as much as possible.
╋╋ CAUTION! ╋╋
★ It does not matter of iAUDIO 7 4GB and 8GB, so it is not necessary.
★ It is needed to format the memory, so please back up your data in iAUDIO 7 16GB.
★ If you format the device in Windows Explorer, the memory cluster unit will be set wrong. So please follow the below installation steps.
★ If you would like to check the memory cluster of your iAUDIO 7 16 GB, please check below.
1. Connect your i7 to a PC.
2. Start -> Run -> input "cmd" and press the enter key.
3. If a prompt window pops up, input "chkdsk e:/f" (if your i7 driver is e:) and press the enter key.
4. After checking disk, you can find out the each allocation unit. If it is "16,384 bytes", you do not need to set it again.
★ The USB transfer speed of iAUDIO 7 16 GB is measured by a stop watch how long it takes to transfer a 100MB file in Windows Explorer.
≪ 100MByte / 20 Second(Transfer time) * 8bit = 40Mbps ≫
╋╋ How to fix the USB transfer speed of iAUDIO 7 - 16GB ╋╋
1. Please connect iAUDIO 7 16 GB to a PC via USB cable.
2. Please click Start Button and go to Control Panel. (Based on Windows XP)
3. Please open Administrative Tools. (Please click on 'Switch to Classic view' if you can not find it.)
4. Please open Computer Management.
5. Please click Disk management under Storage category.
6. Please right click iAUDIO 7 16GB and select ‘Format’.
Please make sure to select iAUDIO 7 16GB removal disk. If you select a normal HDD, your PC will be formatted.
7. Please click OK on the warning window.
8. Please set Allocation unit size as 16 K and click OK on the popup window.
9. After format, now you can use your iAUDIO 7.